1girl is Hiring an Executive Director!
Do you know someone who is passionate about girls, education, and social justice? Encourage them to apply!
1girl is hiring an Executive Director to lead our team. If you know anybody who may be interested, encourage them to apply! The ideal candidate will be a self-directed leader who is passionate about our work and experienced in organizational management. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for 1girl’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. This is a full-time, exempt position. The ideal candidate will be based in Columbus, Ohio.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize 1girl volunteers, board members, staff, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations and national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain 1girl’s staff and interns
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Oversee monthly and annual budgeting and accounting
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & Expansion:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to 1girl’s mission. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 30, 2016.
Visit www.1girl.org to learn more about 1girl.